TurboTest is a device, which is used to check and adjust variable geometry of turbochargers and to measure their performance. The device has two operation modes: static mode, which allows adjusting the variable geometry of the turbocharger at standstill, as well as dynamic mode, which simulates operating conditions of turbocharger.
In dynamic mode, the turbine is oil lubricated with a suitable temperature and pressure. Thanks to this, the adjustment of variable geometry can be done at a speed, which is displayed on a monitor. Due to this, not only we can measure the amount of air, which comes through the blades of variable geometry, but what is more important, can measure the performance of a reconditioned turbocharger.
Results of the measurement of several positions of the actuator are compared with the parameters of the original turbochargers data, to achieve the same level of boost. The device determines a zero point, using the change of shaft speed, which eliminates the problem of the normal installation of the actuator position sensor.
The measuring module of TurboTest has a database of variable geometry actuator settings and performance data of original turbochargers, which can be quickly and easily updated with the help of built-in Wi-Fi router via Internet. TurboTest is a unique patented technology in the world and is available only under the CIMAT brand. TurboTest is a new standard in the process of turbocharger overhaul and guarantees an adequate boost of your turbocharger.
Special features of TurboTest:
- control of vacuum (pneumatic) actuators and electronic systems by measuring module
- approximate measuring time is 15 seconds
- database of 200 turbochargers is supplied with the machine,
- universal mounting head for diff erent types of turbochargers
- running turbocharger performance measurement
- set of adapters for most popular types of turbochargers
- control panel is integrated to the latest generation measuring module
- air supply: from 4 bars for passenger cars turbochargers and up to 8 bars for turbochargers for trucks.