AMR Performance ECU Software Upgrade Policy
This policy is for customer’s shipping in their ECU.
1) ECU Tampering: If your vehicle’s ECU has been disassembled and/or tampered with, outside of AMR Performance, the customer will take full responsibility on the condition of the ECU and any/all outcomes of programming during and/or after.
2) ECU Programming: AMR Performance designs our software upgrade around your OEM factory ECU “file” / “operating system”. If your ECU is already tampered with (see rule #1), your ECU will most likely either have a “tuned” file or a “stock” file. The stock file, though labeled “stock”, will not be matching/identical file that the factory had installed on your vehicle prior to having it tuned from the factory. You may already have this assumption due to certain aspects of the vehicle’s performance and/or sounds. If this is the case, you will be notified and asked how to proceed. Moving forward with programming, you will take full responsibility on the condition of the ECU and any/all outcomes of programming during and/or after.
2) Error Codes: Prior to shipping your ECU to AMR Performance for an upgrade, your vehicle will need to be “scanned” for any error codes. A printed document including your vehicles year, make, model and VIN number will need to be on the OBD2 scan report along with the date. Failure to do so will lead to AMR Performance not proceeding with any ship-in ECU upgrades.
3) ECU Form: AMR Performance ECU ship-in form will need to be present in the box containing your ECU upon shipping. Failure to do so will lead to AMR Performance not proceeding with any ship-in ECU upgrades.
4) Insurance: Please put insurance value on your ECU when shipping.
5) Packaging: Please package your ECU thoroughly. Ensure that the item does not bounce/move around and is secure.
6) Return-to-Stock Request: Unless programmed directly by AMR Performance, we do not offer the service of programming a stock tune over a 3rd party tune. We only offer programming to stock if your vehicle was programmed by AMR Performance.